6.05.2013

Handmade with Love

Most of what I use as decorative items for my apartment (specifically my room) are either handmade, or have a story attached to them.  Two of the items in my room are the products of my mom's lovely skillful hands.  She recently took some pottery classes and quickly began making jar after jar after jar and some other pieces.  I picked the light blue/mint colored container because I really liked the color and it wasn't "perfect".  She made some excellent pieces but I liked this one more because it's a bit imperfect and it's evident that it's handmade.  Also, it's one of her earlier pieces which makes it more special for me.  I've used this for numerous purposes.  Currently, I store hand/foot cream in it with a small bottle of lotion.  It's on my small vanity area close to my bed so I don't forget to moisturize.  I will add other handmade pieces to this section later.  I try not to purchase generic decorative items because I want my living space to be unique and to be representative of me instead of looking like a commercial store.  Keep visiting for more decor pieces from my apartment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment