6.13.2013

Summertime Blend

Hot summer evenings call for refreshing treats.  Although my childhood hometown did not get as hot as it gets here, the temperatures did rise quite high.  I spent a lot of time with my grandparents but during the summer I spent even more time with ones on  my mom's side.  My grandpa worked at the Bazaar which is located in one of the top tourist spots in Iran.  After a long day at work, two very refreshing drinks awaited him on a silver platter (literally).  My grandma knew when to start blending so the drinks would be perfectly chilled and ready to be served.  I loved to take the platter to my grandpa and would sit in front of him and watch as he drank what my grandma had prepared for him.  Below is a picture of a slightly altered version of one of those drinks.  My grandma would blend ice, watermelon, and sugar to make a sweet and delicious watermelon blend.  The second drink would be a cantaloupe mixed with ice and sugar.  What I made is very similar however, instead of sugar I added one teaspoon pure honey and also added two frozen slices of peach, which gives the drink a creamy texture.  I can't stop making these yummy drinks.  Cantaloupes and watermelons are sweet fruits so, you can probably do without the honey.  If you make any of these drinks and like them, try the same with honeydew!


No comments:

Post a Comment