6.21.2013

Outdoor Living: Outdoor Eating

In Iran despite some of the warmer summer days, a lot of old homes did not (and still do not) have air conditioning.  However, houses are built with plenty of windows and french style doors that open up to the yard.  So, people spend a lot of their summer days outdoor, in their yards.  I remember plenty of suppers that were served on the patio area of my grandparents' homes.  I live in an apartment now but, luckily I have roof access from my room.  So, when the weather allows, I eat my meals outside.  The weather has been amazing lately, and it would be wrong not to enjoy it.  Even during the week when I work, I like to find outdoor nooks in downtown where I can eat my lunch.  My new nook is by the hall of justice which allows for a decent forty minutes of people watching.  What's pictured is a very refreshing salad.  I made it left over chicken, lettuce, avocado, sunflower seeds, and the only salad dressing that I ever use:  aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment